Why Choose AdWords Over SEO Services?
The short answer is that AdWords is far less of a gamble and is usually best for positive, quick results. However, let’s first explain more about what AdWords and SEO services are:
- > AdWords is a service offered by Google that allow you to place an ad for your business in Google search results (or search partners). This is also known as a PPC (Pay-Per-Click) advertising service. Meaning that you only pay when a user actually clicks on your ad to visit your website. You set a budget per day and once that is reached, your ads stop showing.
- > SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the practice of building an online reputation for your website to increase your rank in Google for a search term. This is done on-page within the website, but the majority of the SEO work is done off-page in other websites that talk about your website. Building links from other websites to your website gives you credibility and makes your site look like a “source”.
The Pros of Online Marketing
A website is something that every business should have, otherwise you are missing any easy opportunity to attract new clients. However, a “website” and “online marketing” are two different things (although related); basically a website is the “house” but the marketing is the “realtor” that helps bring people to the house. You still want a great looking house to attract the best buyers, but need the realtor to attract them to the house.
Regardless of which way you market your business, there really is not a 100% right answer for everyone. AdWords may be better for some businesses, while SEO might work for others. However, it is our opinion that in most cases, Google AdWords is the best bet simply because you only pay if someone actually clicks the ad and visits your website. With SEO, you may invest a lot of money and time, but still never climb up in rank within Google searches. This makes SEO a bit more of a gamble for online marketing.
Pros: Google AdWords
- Pay when your ad is clicked on = the user has taken an actual interest in your business and is therefore a qualified lead.
- Set your own budget = spend as little or as much as you want.
- Do it yourself = Google has tons of tutorials and customer support for clients.
Pros: SEO Services
- The gamble can pay off huge = if your SEO tactics work, you could get a large amount of visits to your website.
- Cheaper in the long run = websites that rank #1 will usually see their marketing dollars stretch more than AdWords can.
We emphasize that with SEO, when it pays off, it pays off BIG. In the end, it may just come down to your marketing budget and whether or not you can take the gamble of SEO for the long haul. Therefore, for many small businesses, we see that AdWords is usually stronger bet to help get them more customers.